Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Colorado Springs Mayor Lionel Rivera Joins the Team!

Colorado Springs CO- Colorado Springs Mayor Lionel Rivera today announced that he is endorsing Bentley Rayburn in Colorado’s 5th Congressional District race. Mayor Rivera joins Colorado City Councilmen Scott Hente, Jerry Heimlicher and former Colorado Springs Mayor Harry Hoth in supporting Rayburn’s Candidacy.

In announcing his support for Rayburn, Rivera noted that Bentley’s military experience was truly the deciding factor. “Realizing that our nation is involved in a long protracted war coupled with the fact that this community is the home to five military installations leads me to believe that it is critical for the Congressman representing this district have military experience” Rivera stated.

“I am delighted to receive the endorsement today of a key community leader and a trail blazer in Lionel Rivera.” Rayburn stated. “Lionel has a record of service and leadership for the Colorado Springs community and I look forward to working with him and the many other Mayors and City Councils from throughout the district in a team effort to advance our agenda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I wasted my absentee ballot. I should have known that a candidate who can't even manage to keep a blog (howzabout a "thanks" to the folks who voted for and supported you???) couldn't manage to dethrone Lambert. Just as well, I guess; I'd hate to think how you'd manage (mismanage?) a congressional office.

Now, please go find a real job and pay real taxes, like the rest of us.